In conclusion, the common features found in Phishing scams have at least one of the following properties:
- Lucrative offers or attention grabbing statements.
- Unusual sender of unexpected behavior or character.
- Sense of urgency by asking you to act fast because of limited time offers or deals.
Example: Your password is about to expire click here to change it immediately.
- Suspicious hyperlinks. Hovering over the link will show the actual URL you will be directed to.
- Misspellings or grammatical mistakes.
Example: firstname.lastname@example.org instead of email@example.com
- Email attachments with random file name or extensions.
In the activity “What’s Phishy” the following emails and texts were potential phishing attempts:
- The email from spotifyaccounts.
- The text from Amazon for free Airpods.
- A voice notification email.
Remember to be careful about what you upload or download from the internet.
You did it!