Well done! You did it!
Next, you can play with this dataset a little bit.
- Try to select players in another position, i.e., goalkeeper (“GK”), what features will be the top correlated ones? what will be the features you selected?
- Change the features you selected, will it change the model prediction results?
- Change the ratio of training/testing data, see what will happen.
- Change the target variable, for example, ‘Value’ or ‘Wage’. Try to figure out how to convert the content to numerical value.
- hint: 50k = 50 * 1000, 10M = 10 * 1000 * 1000.
In today’s class, you learned how to train a linear regression model to estimate the overall ratings of a soccer player. We hope you enjoyed it and have inspired a little.
From now, you can explore the kaggle website, try to find another dataset to play. Apply linear regression to predict/estimate the results. You’ll be amazed by what you can be done. 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽
You did it!